Load Building Software Optimization – the Heart of Our Operations
How AutoO2 Works
AutoO2 takes requirements (for example, what is shipping from a plant to a warehouse). It automatically turns this demand into efficient, low-cost truckloads that use almost every last pound or cube of capacity. Loads are legal, damage-free, and maxed out.
AutoO2 Load Optimization Maximizes Savings
- Uses mathematical optimization
- Builds the largest possible load that is legal and damage-free
- Minimizes the use of expensive modes
- Chooses the most economical array of trailers/containers
- Matches loads to available trailers/containers
- Fills up multi-stop loads
- Allows smoothing of volume over the following days
- 88,000 fewer truckloads
- Eliminated 570,000 tons of carbon
- Cut transportation costs by $160,000,000
- Reduced 20,000 tons of landfill waste
- Proven in 20 countries and 49 US states
AutoO2 is industrial strength – designed for high volume, continuous, trouble-free, hands-off operations.
A Case Study
Large CPG manufacturer that “cubes out” its shipments.
The manufacturer ships on slip sheets or as bundles, so loads can be created that allow more floor positions to be occupied than if the load was palletized. So, for example, if there are several stacks with foot prints of 1.02 meter x1.2 meter, loaded with the wide dimension across the trailer, the load, in a 16-meter trailer, would allow only 15 rows with 0.7 of a meter wasted at the back. If, however, the stacks were 1.0 x 1.2, the load would allow 16 rows and zero waste. Unfortunately, products come with varying sizes of footprint.
Planners used SAP TLB to create loads. After the loads were created, another tool tried to add more weight.
Load building optimization AutoO2 automatically created the right combination of footprints to minimize the total wasted space at the back of each trailer for all the trailers on the lane. While the results are a 0.9% reduction in total loads, this was a significant result for the client.