Diesel topics worth repeating:
- Street prices react to oil’s rise quickly — but when oil falls, the price you pay lags far behind.
- In traditional contracts, carriers make incremental income out of fuel surcharges:
- Their real mpg vs. that contracted add margin.
- Using national average price vs. regional rates. We all know California costs are vastly higher. If you aren’t shipping there, don’t include that in freight-cost calculations.
- Large carriers don’t pay street price.
- Hedging works when it is a consistent program — not buying during an “event”.
Good luck trying to claw back any of these savings in this environment.
T|WO team members are helping Ukraine
- Rafal, who lives 50 miles from the Ukraine border, went to the border Friday to provide food for the refugees. He will go again next week — this time with gifts of children toys from our team members
- Ivan and his wife Elena (Who is also on the T|WO team), quickly decided to leave their hometown of St. Petersburg as soon as the war started. Happily, after many trying days, they are now taking refuge in Mexico.